Friday, April 14, 2006

SPH School-wide Presentations - Two days ago, the PHAST spring break trip members presented their experiences to the school. About 1-2 members of each project presented photos and reflections, about 3-5 minutes each. I was placed at the end, after Giao's St. Thomas Clinic presentation and before Shawn's talk on sustainable student-led efforts. I was thoroughly and visibly shaken by the time I went up, after seeing all the photos again and some for the first time, particularly from Biloxi and Baton Rouge. It was like being in New Orleans again, but at warp speed.

However, not only was I just emotionally distraught by the material, but the presence in the room was also disappointing. Or should I say absence? Excluding PHAST members or those on Dr. Button's trip to Austin, there were about FIVE audience members in attendence. The presentations were horribly publicized and horribly timed during the last week of classes, coinciding with review sessions and other more prominent meetings, like HMP's shindig and biostats review sessions. I was so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home